This learning series was made for people new to Drupal, who have heard about the most powerful CMS on earth and would like to get started without getting stuck – or just get an overview of what you can do with it. There are pointers to additional modules and extra fun here and there, but the series itself covers Drupal core only.
Also – if you're familiar with Drupal 6 but haven't started with Drupal 7 yet, you could use the last episodes of the series to get a good overview of the most important news.
The content of the series
The series could be divided into three parts:
- Editorial skills. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 covers content handling – how to create and edit content, and find your way around content management in Drupal core.
- Site administrator skills. Episodes 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are of use for people with some administration tasks on the site – they show how to manage users and permissions, handle menus, place blocks on your site and make them show on the right occations, and a few more things.
- Site builder skills. Episodes 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are useful only for people working with developing Drupal sites. The main focus is on fields – including image and taxonomy handling – but there are also some words on text formats and things like clearing cache and running cron.
A few comments on the series
Thanks to all you people viewing and commenting!
YES!! Now I am getting closer to rule Drupal, like it better then joomla so far. hi, thanks for your series. they’re invaluable for people climbing the learning curve […] Keep up the good work, I would like to contribute but first I must learn it myself. :) I’m just getting into Drupal and these podcasts are are very handy. I knew the basics of Drupal already, but found the “Learn Drupal 7” series to be a great review, filling in some gaps.
- Creating and editing nodes
- Node administration
- Managing users and permissions
- Managing blocks
- More block settings
- Administration tools
- Text formats
- Some tips when your site acts weird
- Introduction to fields
- View modes and displaying fields
- Taxonomy, vocabularies and terms
- Image styles
- Fields on comments, users and terms